Monday, August 21, 2017

Out of the Dark and Into the Light

      So here I am. Laying in my bed, reflecting on another week passed, and another week to come. Not going to lie, these past few weeks have been full of ups and downs, and I’ve really been thinking about a lot. Mainly dance, art, relationships, love, and my role in the world. All of our roles, really. And how all of these precious things are connected. One of the things I’ve come to realize is that no matter how hard or difficult it gets, no matter how heavy the weight on our shoulders may feel, we just have to keep going. And that that struggle of pulling ourselves out of dark places every now and again, is part of what makes us human, and what gives greater meaning to our art. I for one know what it feels like to not be able to create anymore, to have no desire at all, and to  really be in a dark place. But, I’ve found that I just need to sit with those feelings and embrace them.
     SO.... as summer comes to a close and a new chapter emerges, I’m seeing things with fresh eyes. Now that the eclipse has come and gone, I see that transformation is among us, if we stay open to it. In fact, I’m not sure that art would even exist if it weren’t for some need to release parts of our soul. The parts that ache, and need to express pain and passion in whatever way possible. The turmoil of the world around us, the hate, the violence of the present day, are all what make art essential. They’re what make it that much more real. Art is active, art is healing, art is open. And art is new each and every day. More importantly, it has given me every reason to love more, and deeper. To learn when to fight, and when to let go. Which I'll probably be mastering for the rest of my life.

Guess that’s it for now. Until next time! :)
Peace & love,
MSB
P.S. I will now be posting every MONDAY. So stay connected to see where diprVOICE goes next :)
Also, **DATE TO SAVE >>> A DIPR Contemporary Wkshp !! LABOR DAY (Sunday, September 4th) 6-9pm @ Gibney Dance (280 Broadway) 

Stay tuned for upcoming posts!
Visit movedipr.org for more info about this incredible organization!
Follow us on Instagram! @movedipr @difned

Share your thoughts below!! We want to hear from YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's My Job: A Redefinition

Gooood afternoon everyone 🌤 Happy Monday! Here are today's thoughts. . .  It's time I grab hold of my life. There are too ...