Monday, August 28, 2017

Patience

       What I'm learning is patience. This past week, I was given many opportunities to get frustrated, and I did. And it brought me to a very toxic state of mind. The political climate of the world is really taking its toll on me, and as a woman of color, it's near impossible to avoid it. Oppression is real, and so are its effects. We're given every reason to be angry. And to carry that anger with us wherever we go. But if we neglect to give ourselves what we need, the situation becomes much, much worse. 
        As an advocate for social change, I'm learning when to take a step back and realize that I can't do it all. Now more than ever, I need to handle my emotions so that it doesn't affect work. I need to keep myself on track. I can't afford to be so overcome with pain that I can no longer create. And so I guess I'm writing this as a part of that moving-forward process. 
       My takeaway from this past week is to be kind to myself. Pain can fuel art, but it shouldn't drive it. Now is the time to heal and move forward into something new. Something deeper. 💪🏽 Have a good week everyone! :) 
Peace & love,

MSB

Stay tuned for upcoming posts!
Visit movedipr.org for more info about this incredible organization!
Follow us on Instagram! @movedipr @difned 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's My Job: A Redefinition

Gooood afternoon everyone 🌤 Happy Monday! Here are today's thoughts. . .  It's time I grab hold of my life. There are too ...